- On the Sites
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Sites
- When you use or otherwise interact with the Service or interact with our advertising on third-party websites, platforms and services
Information Collection and Use
CreditRiskMonitor collects various types of information when you register with CreditRiskMonitor and when you use the Sites, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, including without limitation your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number (collectively, “Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Sites and usage details, including without limitation the pages you request and the information that you input while on the Sites
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us
- Automatically as you navigate through the Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, clickstream data, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies
- From third parties, for example, our business partners
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Sites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites, including without limitation your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to the Service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website and/or the Service
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before taking certain activity on our Website
- Your search queries and other activity on the Sites
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Sites, or transmitted to other users of the Sites and/or third parties, including without limitation posts, comments and reviews (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain webpages on the Sites, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: details of your visits to our Sites, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, traffic data, usage details, clickstream data, location data, metadata, the webpages you visit within the Sites, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites; and information about your computer and internet connection, operating system, and browser type (collectively, “Tracking Information”). Tracking Information may also include information we collect about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services, including without limitation the Internet website or URL from which you came prior to accessing the Sites and the Internet website or URL to which you go after leaving the Sites. Tracking Information shall include information that we collected previously from you as well as information collected on an ongoing basis. Personal Information, User Contributions and Tracking Information shall collectively be referred to as “PII”. PII shall not include any aggregated, anonymized and/or other non-personally identifiable information that we collect, process, retain, transfer or otherwise use.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information or we may maintain or associate the information we collect automatically with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize you when you return to our Website
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Sites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity)
Cookies We Collect
Strictly Necessary Cookies
CRMZUserSessionKey: This temporary (session-only) cookie is set when a registered user successfully logs in to our web site, using their CreditRiskMonitor credentials. It is composed of the date and time of the login, plus a randomly generated unique key, and indicates that this particular browser has been authenticated. This cookie is deleted when the browser is closed, and becomes invalid after 24 hours, even if the browser remains open. This cookie is advisory only and database access is enforced on the server-side. Data: String (Example: 5/30/2018 10:42:32 AMcEG79r7nh2Cf45d2ikuA188). Potential Pll: No
CRMZUserName: On successful login, we will set our user's username into this cookie, provided they have not chosen High Privacy in their user preferences. It is updated with each login, so if they login as someone else, it is overwritten each time. Data: Username. Potential Pll: Yes – may include PII such as the user’s surname
_bv####: This cookie is used for browser verification in two-step authentication. Data: Date and Time. Potential PII: Yes - used ID is referenced in the cookie name
CRMZ_li: This cookie makes our www site aware of when users are logged in. It is set only upon successful login and is cleared if the user logs off. It respects the High Privacy setting, therefore, if our user is using High Privacy, we will not store their UserId in the string. Data: String (Example: 106351). Potential PII: No - if the user has selected High Privacy
CRMZ_ut: This cookie is a single character that indicates a user’s “class” and it allows us to distinguish between subscribers, trial users, and internal users. Data: Letter (Example: A). Potential PII: No
UserGroupID: With this cookie, we can identify that a user is a member of a group of users with access to specific confidential information. This cookie is advisory only and database access is enforced on the server side. Data: Number (Example: 0). Potential PII: No
ProviderId: With this cookie, we can identify that a user is a member of a group of users who have access to certain trade information. This cookie is advisory only and database access is enforced on the server side. Data: Number (Example: 0). Potential PII: No
crmzCC: This cookie indicates that we have checked to see if the user had any cookies under the crmz.com website and they are copied over. Data: Date and Time. Potential PII: No
FirstVisit: At the first request to any info.creditriskmonitor.com page .ASP or .ASPX, we will send the current Date/Time in the FirstVisit cookie (only if it doesn't exist) as a simple way to let us know when the user first came to the site. Data: Date and Time (Example: 5/30/2018 10:40:16AM). Potential PII: No
ThisVisit: This temporary (session-only) cookie is used to record the date and time of the first page of a specific visit to our info web site by a browser. Whether the user eventually logs into our web site or not, all subsequent pages visited by that browser in that session will contain that same cookie. This cookie is deleted when the browser is closed. Data: Date and Time. Potential PII: No
PrintSettings: This cookie saves our user's printing preferences. Data: Example: “PrintSettings=YYNNNUYYYY”. Potential PII: No
TermsOfService: The cookie that lets us know that a user has accepted our terms of service. Data: Letter (Example: Y). Potential PII: No
PastDueBreakPointThis cookie is used to set control colors on certain trade payment pages.Number (Example:30)No
TradeTabPageSize: This cookie is used to control how many records are shown in trade reports. Data: Number (Example: 30). Potential PII: No
stns: This cookie verifies user browser with two-step authentication. Data: Date and Time. Potential PII: No
Hot Sauce Cookies
We share some of our cookies with our marketing friends over at Hot Sauce to ensure your user experience is easier and more enjoyable.
CRMZUserName: On successful login, we will set the user’s username into this cookie, provided they have not chosen High Privacy in their user preferences. It is updated with each login, so if they login as someone else, it is overwritten each time. Data: String (Example: hotsauce). Potential PII: Yes - username
CRMZ_li: This cookie makes our www site aware of when users are logged in. It is set only upon successful login and is cleared if the user logs off. It respects the High Privacy setting, therefore, if our user is using High Privacy, we will not store their UserId in the string. Data: String (Example: 106351). Potential PII: No – if the user has selected High Privacy
CRMZ_ut: This cookie is a single character that indicates a user’s “class” and it allows us to distinguish between subscribers, trial users and internal users. Data: Letter (Example: A). Potential PII: No
userHasName: This cookie keeps track of the user’s CreditRiskMonitor username to determine whether the user already has an info site account or not. We may autofill the username in the “login” field at the top of the webpage. Data: True or False. Potential PII: No
userLoggedIn: This cookie keep track of whether the user has logged into CreditRiskMonitor’s info site or not. Data: True or False. Potential PII: No
YouTube and Google Ad Services: https://policies.google.com/technologies/types
How We Use Your Information
We use information that you provide us, we collect from you or that is otherwise about you, including without limitation any PII:
- To present our Sites and its contents to you
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
- To market and promote our products and services and any enhancements to same, including without limitation any new products and/or services
- To provide technical support for the Sites and our products and services
- To provide you with notices about your account including expiration and renewal notices
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we offer or provide though it
- To contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Sites
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose and use information that you provide us, we collect from you or that is otherwise about you, including without limitation any PII, in aggregated, anonymized and/or other non-personally identifiable form, without restriction (except to the extent prohibited by applicable law), including by disclosing same to third parties and creating information derived from same.
We may also disclose information that you provide us, we collect from you or that is otherwise about you, including without limitation any PII:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep PII confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of CreditRiskMonitor’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which PII about users of our Sites is among the assets transferred
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep PII confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to contact an individual for promotional purposes, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- With your consent
We may also disclose information that you provide us, we collect from you or that is otherwise about you, including without limitation any PII:
- To comply with any law, statute, regulation, court order, or other legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CreditRiskMonitor, our customers, or others
You must protect the privacy of your own information. You must take precautions to protect the security of all PII that you may transmit to, from or through the Sites over any home networks, routers, private wireless (WiFi) networks, public WiFi networks, and all other communication technologies. You must use encryption and other privacy techniques to prevent unauthorized persons from intercepting and/or receiving any such personal information. You are solely responsible for the security of all such information at all times. Consistent with the foregoing, you shall not utilize unencrypted, open access or otherwise unsecured networks in connection with your access to and/or use of the Sites.
CreditRiskMonitor’s Social Media Sites
Mobile Device Users of CreditRiskMonitor’s Sites
You can access and use CreditRiskMonitor’s Sites with virtually any mobile communications device such as a tablet, smartphone or wearable device that has an Internet browser application (a “Mobile Device”), subject to any registration requirements with CreditRiskMonitor and provided that you subscribe or have access to a mobile telecommunications network. You are solely responsible to pay any and all service and/or telecommunications provider fees for mobile Internet access to CreditRiskMonitor’s Sites including all applicable text messaging fees and data and other charges. CreditRiskMonitor shall not be responsible for any technical or other difficulties that you may experience when you use any Mobile Device or public or private mobile communications network to access or use any of CreditRiskMonitor’s Sites. Some of the features of CreditRiskMonitor’s Sites may not be available or accessible when you view CreditRiskMonitor’s Sites using a Mobile Device. You understand that CreditRiskMonitor is providing its Sites to you on an “as is” basis without any warranty or guarantee whatsoever.
In addition to the Tracking Information described above, when you use a Mobile Device to access and/or use the Sites, CreditRiskMonitor may collect, process, retain, transfer or otherwise use information and metadata about geographic location, mobile device, your mobile network, IP address and other information, including without limitation information about nearby devices including Mobile Devices, WiFi access points and cellular communications towers that can be derived technologically from the use of your Mobile Device. CreditRiskMonitor is entitled to use this information as described in this Policy.
Most Mobile Devices allow a user to control and disable location services, cookies, and other privacy settings. Please refer to the instructions for your Mobile Device for additional information.
There are many potential risks when you use a Mobile Device. If your Mobile Device is lost, stolen, or compromised, or if someone else gains access to your mobile network, your personal information could be compromised or hacked. CreditRiskMonitor expressly disclaims any and all liability and responsibility for any such compromise and/or hack and any and all damages arising from same.
All financial transactions conducted on the Sites shall be carried out using a third party merchant service provider that is not affiliated with or under the control of CreditRiskMonitor. All payment options on the Sites are made through such merchant service. You agree to be bound by the terms, conditions and policies of such merchant service provider. You agree that CreditRiskMonitor shall not be responsible for any transactions or dealings conducted through such merchant service provider. You further agree that CreditRiskMonitor shall not be responsible for any financial transactions or dealings conducted through the Sites, including by any third party merchant service providers. It shall be the user’s responsibility to pay any fees, charges and/or costs associated with the use of any merchant service providers on the Sites. Presently, CreditRiskMonitor uses Authorize.Net LLC as its third party merchant service provider. Authorize.Net LLC’s website is located at https://www.authorize.net. You agree to be bound by the terms, conditions and policies of Authorize.Net LLC.
You agree that the products and/or services offered on the Sites may be impacted and/or changed by any change to the services offered by third party merchant service providers. You agree not to seek any recovery or recourse from CreditRiskMonitor relating to any financial transactions in which you engage via the Sites and that you shall look exclusively to such merchant service providers, and not to CreditRiskMonitor, for any and all recovery and recourse. You agree that CreditRiskMonitor may charge a separate service fee in connection with any products offered and sold on its Sites.
CreditRiskMonitor strives to protect the Personal Information, confidentiality and privacy of each user. However, CreditRiskMonitor cannot and does not guarantee the security of any Personal Information or content or materials that you disclose online or submit to CreditRiskMonitor via the Sites or otherwise, and you do so solely at your own risk.
You acknowledge that you are aware of security and privacy limitations including but not limited to:
- the global accessibility of CreditRiskMonitor’s Sites on the Internet;
- the technological limitations of security, privacy, and authentication measures and features on Internet sites and specifically on CreditRiskMonitor’s Sites;
- the risk that data or information is transmitted to or from CreditRiskMonitor’s Sites may be subject to eavesdropping, sniffing, spoofing, forgery, spamming, “impostering”, tampering, breaking passwords, harassment, fraud, electronic trespassing, hacking, denial of service attacks, nuking, system contamination (including computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, defects, date bombs, time bombs, malware, ransomware, bugs, executables or other items of a destructive nature or any other malicious computer codes, scripts, applications or programs) causing unauthorized, damaging, or harmful access to and/or retrieval of information and data on your computer or network;
- the risk that data or information on any of CreditRiskMonitor’s Sites may be subject to other security or privacy hazards, may not reach its destination, or may reach an erroneous address or recipient;
- unauthorized access by third parties; and
- the content or the privacy policies of other websites and social media websites and platforms, including without limitation those to which CreditRiskMonitor may link or be linked
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Sites or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Sites or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com with the words "California Shine the Light Privacy Request" in the subject line or in the body of your email.
You and CreditRiskMonitor have agreed to this Policy within the State of New York for all purposes. Any and all claims, disputes or legal proceedings arising out of or relating to this Policy including, without limitation, its validity, interpretation, performance or breach, shall be adjudicated exclusively in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York. You expressly consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over you. You expressly waive any claim of forum non conveniens. This Policy and its validity and effect shall be interpreted under and governed by the substantive laws of the United States of America and the State of New York, without regard to principles of conflict of laws or statutes.
WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. YOU AND CREDITRISKMONITOR EACH HEREBY KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR LEGAL PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT.
YOU AGREE TO WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM, DISPUTE OR LEGAL PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS POLICY. IN ANY SUCH CLAIM, DISPUTE OR LEGAL PROCEEDING, YOU AGREE NOT TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS, DISPUTES OR LEGAL PROCEEDINGS BY OR AGAINST OTHER CUSTOMERS IN COURT OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLAIM AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, CLASS MEMBER OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY.
No action or inaction by CreditRiskMonitor may be construed as a waiver of this Policy or any part thereof. If any of the provisions of this Policy are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the validity, enforceability and legality of the remaining provisions of this Policy shall not be affected thereby and shall continue in full force and effect.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright© 2020 by CreditRiskMonitor.com, Inc. All content and materials contained in and on CreditRiskMonitor’s Sites is intellectual property belonging exclusively to CreditRiskMonitor and/or their respective owners, and is protected by international, federal and state copyright and other laws and international treaties. Any copying, republication, redistribution, creation of derivative works, or public performance of such content and/or materials is strictly prohibited. CreditRiskMonitor reserves the right to enforce its copyright, trademark, and other legal rights and interests to the maximum extent permitted under the law. All rights of CreditRiskMonitor are expressly reserved.
CreditRiskMonitor.com, Inc. Privacy Shield Policy
This Privacy Shield Policy (“Policy”), effective as of May 2, 2018, describes how CreditRiskMonitor.com, Inc. (“CreditRiskMonitor”, “we” or “us”) collects, uses, and discloses certain personally identifiable information about an individual that we receive from customers in the European Union and Switzerland (“Personal Data”). Personal Data shall not include any aggregated and/or anonymized information that we receive, collect, process, transfer or otherwise use.
For purposes of enforcing compliance with the Privacy Shield, CreditRiskMonitor is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Personal Data Collection and Use
Third-Party Agents or Service Providers
CreditRiskMonitor will require its Agents to safeguard personal information consistent with this Policy by contract obligating the Agent to provide at least the same level of protection as is required by the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles.
Disclosures In Response to Lawful Request
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data in response to valid requests pursuant to law, court order, other legal process or by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
CreditRiskMonitor maintains reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction in accordance with the Privacy Shield.
Access, Correction or Deletion Rights
You have the right to access the Personal Data that we hold about you and to request that we correct, amend, or delete it if it is inaccurate or processed in violation of the Privacy Shield. These access rights may not apply in some cases, including where providing access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances or where it would violate the rights of someone other than the individual requesting access. If you would like to request access to, correct, amend or delete your Personal Data, you can submit a written request to the contact information provided below in the “Contact Us” section. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity. In some circumstances we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your information. If a request for access, correction or deletion of Personal Data might prevent us from providing services to you due to contractual or legal reasons, we will inform you of this result prior to fulfilling your request.
We will also provide an EU or Swiss individuals with opt-out or opt-in choice before we share their data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized.
To limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request to the “Contact Us” section listed below.
Questions or Complaints
Attn: Lawrence Fensterstock, SVP & CFO
704 Executive Boulevard, Suite A
Valley Cottage, N.Y. 10989
Or by email to: email@example.com
We will investigate and attempt to resolve any complaints or disputes regarding the use or disclosure of your Personal Data within forty-five (45) days of receiving your complaint.
CreditRiskMonitor has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint.
You may have the option to select binding arbitration for the resolution of your complaint under certain limited conditions, provided you have taken the following steps: (1) raised your compliant directly with CreditRiskMonitor and provided us the opportunity to resolve the issue; (2) made use of the independent dispute resolution mechanism identified above in the “Questions or Complaints” section; and (3) raised the issue through the relevant data protection authority and allowed the U.S. Department of Commerce an opportunity to resolve the complaint at no cost to you. For more information, please visit the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Annex I Binding Arbitration Mechanism webpage at: http://go.adr.org/privacyshieldannex.html.
If you have any questions about this Policy or would like to request access to your Personal Data, please contact us as follows:
Attn: Jonathan Levy, Sr. Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
704 Executive Boulevard, Suite A
Valley Cottage, New York 10989
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to This Policy
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time, including without limitation in connection with the Privacy Shield's requirements.