NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING SHALL NOT BE IMPROVED BY YOUR PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND. VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. The CreditRiskMonitor Men’s College Basketball Tournament Contest ("") by CreditRiskMonitor.com, Inc. ("") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of submission (each an ""). Registration for the Contest is free. Each Entrant shall be solely responsible for securing any necessary written permissions prior to making any submission in this Contest. Employees, officers, directors, managers, members, agents and representatives of Sponsor and any other person or entity directly or indirectly connected with the production and distribution of this Contest (each, a "" and collectively, the "") and each of their respective immediate family members (which shall include on the following persons: the legal spouse, parents, children and siblings of a Contest Party and the legal spouses of each of the foregoing, regardless of where such person resides) and household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to win a prize. This Contest is not intended for gambling purposes in any way.
2. The Contest consists of two different opportunities to win prizes: (1) a field of 64 teams bracket selection process (the “”), which begins on March 11, 2018 at 8:00 P.M. Eastern Time ("") and ends on March 15, 2018 at 12:15 P.M. ET (the ""); and (2) a field of 16 teams bracket selection process (the “”), which begins on March 19, 2018 and ends on March 22, 2018 at 7:09 P.M. ET (the "" and, collectively with the Field of 64 Contest Period, the “”). Sponsor's designated clock shall be the sole official timekeeper for the Contest and Sponsor reserves the sole right to determine the timeliness of any entry. All submissions to the Contest must be made during the respective Contest Periods, time being of the essence.
3. Entrant expressly represents to Sponsor that by participating in and/or submitting an Entry (as such term is defined herein) to the Contest, Entrant has the full legal authority and has secured all required written permissions to: (i) submit an Entry and to enter into the Contest; (ii) provide all information that Entrant submits to Sponsor, including without limitation any personally identifiable information; and (iii) grant to Sponsor the rights set forth in these Official Rules. Entrant further represents to Sponsor that he or she has the legal capacity to agree to these Official Rules. Entrant expressly agrees that within three (3) business days after any request by Sponsor, Entrant shall provide Sponsor with originals of any and all written authorizations, consents, releases and/or other documentation required by Sponsor in connection with the Contest. In order to enter the Contest, an Entrant shall be required to complete the following steps and submit the following content:
Completing the above steps in items 1 and 2 in accordance with these Official Rules shall constitute one (1) entry in the Field of 64 and completing the above steps in items 1, 2 and 3 in accordance with these Official Rules shall constitute one (1) entry in the Field of 16 (in each such instance, the ""). LIMIT: EACH ENTRANT SHALL SUBMIT NOT MORE THAN ONE (1) ENTRY FOR THE FIELD OF 64 AND NOT MORE THAN ONE (1) ENTRY FOR THE FIELD OF 16. Entries received after the end of the respective Contest Periods shall not be eligible to enter or win.
4. : All Entries and all other content submitted in connection with the Contest, must comply with the following minimum guidelines in order to be eligible: (i) a display name may not contain any first name, last name or other personally identifiable information of the Entrant; (ii) must not be fraudulent or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, property, privacy, publicity, intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity; (iii) must not disparage Sponsor, an Entrant, or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest or contain any material that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, threatening, abusive, pornographic, hateful, or is otherwise objectionable; (iv) cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law. An Entry into the Field of 16 requires that the individual submitting the Entry participated as an Entrant and submitted an Entry in the Field of 64. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to review all Entries, either before or after they have been posted and to edit, reject and/or remove any Entries, including, without limitation, where it determines: (a) an Entry violates these Official Rules and/or Submission Guidelines; (b) an Entry was submitted by an individual who did not receive an original hyperlink to join the Contest from Sponsor; without any notification or warning; or (c) an Entry into the Field of 16 is made by an individual who did not participate as an Entrant and submit an Entry in the Field of 64.
5. : The odds of winning shall depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the respective Contest Periods. Entries to the Contest shall be evaluated based on the submitted Entry. Entrants may submit an Entry and the Contest winners (each a "") shall be determined by the following process:
There are 63 games to be played in connection with the men’s college basketball tournament, excluding the initial play-in games. Entries can earn points by correctly choosing the winner of each game in advance during the Field of 64 Contest Period using the Entrant’s skills based on the following criteria:
First Round: No points for play-in games prior to the field of 64 teams.
First Round: 1 point for each correct game winner in the field of 64 teams.
Second Round: 2 points for each correct game winner.
Field of 16 teams: 4 points for each correct game winner.
Field of 8 teams: 8 points for each correct game winner.
Field of 4 teams: 16 points for each correct game winner.
Championship Game: 32 points for selecting the correct game winner.
The Entrant whose Entry obtains the most point based on the above criteria shall be the first place Winner, and the Entrant whose Entry obtains the second most points based on the above criteria shall be the second place Winner. In the event of a tie for most or second most points at the end of the tournament, the tied Entrant in the first or second place category, as applicable, whose Entry correctly picked the championship game (played on April 2, 2018) winner shall be the Winner and the tied Entrant who did not pick the championship game winner shall be the second place Winner (or, the case of a tie for second most points, such tied Entrant who did not pick the championship game winner shall not be a Winner). If more than one or alternatively no Entrants tied for the most points selected the championship game winner, then the tied Entrant whose Entry included the most correctly chosen wins in the 63 games played for the tournament shall be the first place Winner, and the tied Entrant whose Entry included the second most correctly chosen wins among the 63 games played for the tournament shall be the second place Winner (or, the case of a tie for second most points, such tied Entrant whose Entry did not contain more correctly chosen wins in the 63 games played for the tournament shall not be a Winner).
There are 15 games to be played in connection with the men’s college basketball tournament once there are 16 teams remaining in the tournament bracket. Entries can earn points by correctly choosing the winner of each game in advance during the Field of 16 Contest Period using the Entrant’s skills based on the following criteria:
Field of 16 teams: 4 points for each correct game winner.
Field of 8 teams: 8 points for each correct game winner.
Field of 4 teams: 16 points for each correct game winner.
Championship Game: 32 points for selecting the correct game winner.
The Entrant whose Entry obtains the most point based on the above criteria shall be the first place Winner, and the Entrant whose Entry obtains the second most points based on the above criteria shall be the second place Winner. In the event of a tie for most or second most points at the end of the tournament, the tied Entrant in the first or second place category, as applicable, whose Entry correctly picked the championship game (played on April 2, 2018) winner shall be the Winner and the tied Entrant who did not pick the championship game winner shall be the second place Winner (or, the case of a tie for second most points, such tied Entrant who did not pick the championship game winner shall not be a Winner). If more than one or alternatively no Entrants tied for the most points selected the championship game winner, then the tied Entrant whose Entry included the most correctly chosen wins in the 15 games played from the Field of 16 bracket shall be the first place Winner, and the tied Entrant whose Entry included the second most correctly chosen wins among the 15 games played from the Field of 16 bracket shall be the second place Winner (or, the case of a tie for second most points, such tied Entrant whose Entry did not contain more correctly chosen wins in the 63 games played for the tournament shall not be a Winner).
Each prospective Winner from the Field of 64 and the Field of 16 shall be contacted by Sponsor by email or telephone within thirty (30) days of the end of the respective Contest Periods. Each Winner may be required by Sponsor to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Release of Liability Agreement within five (5) days of notification of a prospective win. Additional requirements may be included in any such communication(s) to the Entrant(s) and/or Winner(s). In the event that the notified Winner(s) does not respond to any such notification and/or does not provide any requested materials within five (5) business days of the date of the notification, a disqualification may result and the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected by Sponsor.
Entrants, including a potential Winner, may be required to produce government issued identification. If any Winner fails to comply with any of the obligations, requirements, terms and/or conditions of these Official Rules or is found to be ineligible or unqualified for any other reason (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion): the Winner shall be subject to disqualification by Sponsor; any prize awarded to such person may be forfeited; and Sponsor may select an alternate Winner. Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to review, reject and/or withdraw from consideration any Entry that violates and/or does not comply strictly and in all respects with these Official Rules without any notification or warning. In the event (a) an Entrant does not comply with all of these Official Rules and/or (b) any notification sent by Sponsor to such Entrant is returned by the postal or courier service and/or by email as non-deliverable, Sponsor shall have the right in its sole discretion to disqualify such Entrant's Entry, whereupon any prize for such Entrant shall be forfeited and Sponsor in its sole discretion may select an alternate Winner.
6. : Four (4) Winners: Sponsor shall award the sum of One Thousand Fifty Dollars ($1,050.00) in the aggregate in prizes to the four (4) Winners. The Field of 64 first place Winner shall win a Five Hundred Dollar ($500.00) gift card of Sponsor’s choice and the Field of 64 second place Winner shall win a Two Hundred Fifty Dollar ($250.00) gift card of Sponsor’s choice. The Field of 16 first place Winner shall win a Two Hundred Dollar ($200.00) gift card of Sponsor’s choice and the Field of 16 second place Winner shall win a One Hundred Dollar ($100.00) gift card of Sponsor’s choice. ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED BY SPONSOR "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL OF WHICH SPONSOR HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS.
The approximate retail value ("") of each prize shall be the dollar amount of prizes provided to the Winners via the gift cards. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize, or portion thereof, with a prize of comparable or greater value, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each prize shall consist of only those items specifically stated herein as constituting a part of such prize. All federal, state and local income and other taxes based upon prize value and/or otherwise relating to the Contest are the sole and separate responsibility of each Winner. All third party terms and conditions associated with any prize, including without limitation any gift card, are the sole and separate responsibility of each Winner. Sponsor shall not be responsible if any Winner's company and/or employer prohibits such Winner from accepting gifts from any third party, including without limitation any prize in connection with the Contest.
7. : Sponsor shall deliver prizes to each Winner by United States Postal Service or overnight courier to the address that such Winner provides to Sponsor.
8. : As among Entrant, Winner and Sponsor, Entrant and/or Winner, as the case may be, shall be the sole owner of and shall be solely responsible for his or her Entry provided in connection with the Contest. By participating in this Contest in any manner, each Entrant, Winner and/or otherwise (each, a "") hereby expressly grants to Sponsor and each of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees (each, a "") a royalty-free, unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, assignable and perpetual right, license and consent (the ""), without any compensation, consideration or further notification, to use, edit, copy, reproduce, print, publish, display, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, and/or create derivative works from and/or with respect to the Entry and/or to make fair use thereof, including without limitation: (i) the Entry; and (ii) the name and other personally identifiable information relating to a Licensor. Each Sponsor Party shall be entitled to utilize and exercise its rights under the License for any lawful purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes, in any media whatsoever now or hereinafter developed, including, without limitation, on Sponsor's websites, social media and application(s), without additional compensation, payment or consideration to the Licensor, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to Licensee or to any other party to the extent Sponsor or any Sponsor Party chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.
9. : By participating in the Contest in any manner, each Entrant, Winner, and/or otherwise acknowledges and agrees: (1) to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the Sponsor relating hereto and/or to the Contest, which decisions are final and binding in all respects; (2) that such individual's Entry (and all components thereof) shall not be acknowledged or returned; and (3) the Contest Parties shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by each Licensee for and against any and all liability, loss, injury or damage to participants or any other person or entity, including personal injury or death and/or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of such Licensor's participation in this Contest, the use of any Entry, or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void and/or reject any entries or to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof) in the event of a Cancellation Event (defined herein). In the event of such modification, cancellation, termination or suspension, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, as applicable, reserves the right, to select any Winner from among all eligible entries received prior to the Cancellation Event. Sponsor may take all steps necessary (as determined in its sole discretion) to verify any information provided to Sponsor by any Entrant, Winner and/or other participant. In connection therewith, such individuals shall be obligated to provide necessary contacts and information so that Sponsor may conduct such a verification process. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any individual Entrant, Winner and/or participant from any prize element, based on any investigation. "" shall mean a virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared), labor controversy or threat thereof, Act of God, and/or any other cause that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
10. : NO CONTEST PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE IN ANY MANNER, AND EACH OF THE CONTEST PARTIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR, ANY LOSS, EXPENSE, COSTS, INJURY, DAMAGE OR ACCIDENT RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM: (1) THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY OTHER PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST; (2) THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY OF SPONSOR'S CONTRACTORS OR AGENTS RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO THE CONTEST; AND (3) ACTS OF GOD, FIRE, ACTS OF PIRACY, STRIKES, CIVIL UNREST, THEFT, RIOTS, EPIDEMIC, DISEASE, QUARANTINE, WEATHER, DANGERS RELATED TO TRAVEL OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES OR FROM ANY CAUSE BEYOND SPONSOR'S CONTROL.
The Contest Parties shall not be responsible in any way whatsoever for any lost, incomplete, late, damaged, delayed, garbled, inaccurate, incomplete or misdirected Entries, submissions or email messages; failures and/or malfunction of telephones, telephone lines or telephone systems or other telecommunications and/or Internet blackouts, brownouts and/or connectivity; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other telecommunications and/or Internet connections including those available through any website, miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise; or the administration of the Contest; or the processing or judging of entries. Use of any device to automate or subvert the entry process is prohibited and any Entries received through such means shall be void. Entries shall be disqualified if they contain inappropriate material or language, including profanity.
11. : BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST IN ANY MANNER, WHETHER AS AN ENTRANT, WINNER AND/OR OTHERWISE, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE CONTEST PARTIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, CLAIM, ACT OF GOD, ACCIDENT, DELAY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OR THEFT OF DATA OR RECORDS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, DELAY DAMAGES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR LOST PROFITS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED IN ANY MANNER TO THE CONTEST OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OR DELAY IN PERFORMANCE BY THE CONTEST PARTIES, EVEN IF THE CONTEST PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF, DESPITE THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES, ANY OF THE CONTEST PARTIES IS FOUND LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OR RELATED IN ANY MANNER TO THE CONTEST OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THEN, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF THE CONTEST PARTIES SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE AGGREGATE SUM OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
13. : Except where prohibited by applicable law, each Entrant, Winner and/or other participant in this Contest, as the case may be, agrees that: (i) all issues and questions concerning the Contest and these Official Rules shall be governed by New York State law without giving effect to any principles of conflict of laws or statutes of New York State or any other jurisdiction; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Contest or any prize awarded shall be (a) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (b) filed only in the state or federal courts located in New York County, New York and Entrant, Winner and/or any other participant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such disputes, claims or causes of action; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall attorneys' fees be awarded; and (iv) under no circumstances shall any Entrant, Winner and/or other participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. These Official Rules are subject to change at any time at Sponsor's sole discretion without notice. Sponsor's failure to enforce any terms or conditions in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any such term or condition. Contest is void where prohibited by law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules is held illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Official Rules shall not be affected or impaired thereby and such remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
14. : Personally identifiable information submitted by Entrants, Winners and/or otherwise as part of this Contest shall be used to administer the Contest, select and announce Winners and fulfill the prizes. By submitting an Entry and/or otherwise participating in this Contest, you expressly agree and consent: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules; and (ii) to receive telephone and/or email communications from Sponsor, and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and representatives for marketing, solicitation or other commercial purposes. The Contest shall be administered through RYP Technologies, LLC via the website located at https://www.runyourpool.com. By submitting an Entry and/or otherwise participating in this Contest, you expressly agree and consent to be bound by all applicable RYP Technologies, LLC terms and conditions in connection with the Contest, including, but not limited to, the Terms of Service located at: https://www.runyourpool.com/terms_of_service.cfm and the Privacy Statement located at: https://www.runyourpool.com/privacy.cfm.
15. : For a copy of these Official Rules and/or a list of Contest winners, please send a self-addressed, postage prepaid envelope by no later than April 30, 2018 to: CreditRiskMonitor.com, Inc., 704 Executive Boulevard, Suite A, Valley Cottage, New York 10989, and specify whether your request is for the Contest Winners List and/or the Official Rules.
16. : The Sponsor of the Contest is CreditRiskMonitor.com, Inc., located at 704 Executive Boulevard, Suite A, Valley Cottage, New York 10989. This Contest is in no way sponsored or endorsed by or associated with the National Collegiate Athletic Association. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or any other social media platform or any third party application or interface therewith (each, a ""). By entering in and/or otherwise participating in the Contest, you expressly waive and release all claims, damages, injuries or losses of any kind that you may have, past, present or future, against each of the Social Media Websites in connection with the Contest or otherwise.
The Contest and all accompanying materials are the sole and exclusive property of CreditRiskMonitor.com, Inc. and/or their respective owners. CreditRiskMonitor.com, Inc. reserves the right to enforce its copyright, trademark and all other rights to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Copyright © 2018 by CreditRiskMonitor.com, Inc. All rights are expressly reserved.